These bars came about with ingredients I had in my pantry. It really isn’t complicated at all as the distribution of coconut and chocolate chips is approximate.
Really the hardest part here is opening the can of sweetened condensed milk! I made these for the cast of our school play and they were gone in virtually seconds. Cut them into sticks as pictured, or into bars or bites. It’s entirely up to you! You can even change the type of chips used – butterscotch would be unreal
I even had one girl come up to me and tell her that I converted her from coconut-hater to enjoying coconut! They are that good.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (48 digestives)
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Set oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9″ x 13″ pan with parchment or foil
- Combine the butter and crumbs and pat into the base of the pan
- Pour over the condensed milk
- Sprinkle evenly a layer of chips followed by a layer of coconut until both are used up
- Bake for 25 minutes until the edges are golden
- Sprinkle over the marshmallows and bake for a maximum 2 minutes (keep an eye on this the entire time as they burn super fast)