Cocoa blondie base, no-bake cookie dough with honeycomb pieces & a milk chocolate cover.
These bars were a gift for my cookie dough addict friend on her birthday. I felt it was insufficient to throw a jar of cookie dough and all its 30 seconds of glory at her – so I made these!
I’ve never been the biggest fan of blondies as it always feels like there’s something missing.. chocolate. Thus, I tried adding a tablespoon of cocoa and it takes these blondies to a whole new level, without taking away from from the gorgeous cookie dough and chocolate cover.
However, blondies are infinitely adaptable so feel free to throw in whatever you want into them! (chocolate chips, nuts, bananas, m&ms etc)
Refrigerate for at least one hour and remember to bring the bars out to room temperature before you’re planning on serving. I made these on a hot summer’s day so had no choice but to refrigerate over night and the blondies took a bit of time returning to chewy texture. Enjoy!
- 200g milk chocolate (melted)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 3 mini crunchie bars (or any additions you prefer)
- Set oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9 x 9 foil-lined pan
- Whisk melted butter and sugar together until combined
- Beat in egg and then vanilla
- Add salt and fold in flour (do not overmix)
- Pour mixture into prepared pan
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until just set (they will continue to cook out the oven)
- In a large bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla together until fluffy
- Stir in the flour and salt
- Add the milk a tablespoon at a time, mixing after each
- Fold in any additions
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Press into pan over the cooled blondies
- Pour melted chocolate over the cookie dough layer
- Refrigerate for minimum 1 hour