Don’t be mistaken, those are not macadmia nuts. They are white chocolate chips.
Whenever you have a jar of nutella on hand and five weeks of outsanding homework due in the next day, make some GBs. What are GBs you may ask? They are Grace Bites. Named after my obstreperous muse, these bites are as unforgettable as the voice of my muse herself.
- ¼ heaped cup nutella (or other hazelnut spread)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ cup + 1-3 tbsps all purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips (of your choice)
- Line an 8 x 8 pan (or 9 x 13 & double the recipe) with foil and spray well with cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, nutella, sugar and cocoa powder until a thick paste is formed
- Add ¼ cup flour at a time, mixing until the dough firms up
- Continue until the mixture is thick enough to hold together and be pressed into a pan
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Press the mixture into the pan and wait refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving